FORGOT YOUR DETAILS?

Muzuem Prahy_01.jpg COPYRIGHT Muzuem Prahy_02.jpg COPYRIGHT Muzuem Prahy_03.jpg COPYRIGHT Muzuem Prahy_04.jpg COPYRIGHT Muzuem Prahy_05.jpg COPYRIGHT Muzuem Prahy_06.jpg COPYRIGHT Muzuem Prahy_07.jpg COPYRIGHT Adolf Loos Apartment and Gallery_08.jpg COPYRIGHT Adolf Loos Apartment and Gallery_09.jpg COPYRIGHT Adolf Loos Apartment and Gallery_10.jpg COPYRIGHT Adolf Loos Apartment and Gallery_11.jpg COPYRIGHT Adolf Loos Apartment and Gallery_12.jpg COPYRIGHT Adolf Loos Apartment and Gallery_13.jpg COPYRIGHT Adolf Loos Apartment and Gallery_14.jpg COPYRIGHT Adolf Loos Apartment and Gallery_15.jpg COPYRIGHT Adolf Loos Apartment and Gallery_16.jpg COPYRIGHT Muzuem Prahy_17.jpg COPYRIGHT Muzuem Prahy_18.jpg COPYRIGHT Muzuem Prahy_19.jpg COPYRIGHT Muzuem Prahy_20.jpg COPYRIGHT Muzuem Prahy_21.jpg COPYRIGHT Muzuem Prahy_22.jpg COPYRIGHT Muzuem Prahy_23.jpg COPYRIGHT Muzuem Prahy_24.jpg COPYRIGHT Muzuem Prahy_25.jpg COPYRIGHT

Adolf Loos '30 - Muller House

Practice

Adolf Loos


Project Architect / Lead Partner


BUILDING

Muller House


City

Prague


Country

Czech Republic


Commissioned


Construction

1928


Completion

1930


Duration

2


YY

30


CLIENT

Milada and František Müller


CONSULTANTS


255.3


Storey

4


CO2


STATUS

Completed


PROGRAM

Residential


Amount


Currency


GBP


ARCHITECT'S

The villa for Milada and František Müller in Prague (1928-30) is the chef-d'oeuvre of the international architectural avant-garde. It as an example of the rare concord between an enlightened client and a brilliant architect. František Müller, co-owner of the Kapsa-Müller construction company, was one of the leading lights of Czech society of his day. He had no hesitation in commissioning one of the greatest architects of the time to design his own, representative home - Adolf Loos, who had already been active in Bohemia. This commission allowed Loos to bring his original spatial conception, known as Raumplan, to a rapid culmination. The outfitting of the villa interiors – selected and in many cases designed by the architect himself – was the embodiment of the surprising harmony between modern Functionalism and the classic English style. After an eventful history in the post-war years the Villa was restored in 1997-2000, and opened to the public as a National Cultural Monument. (© Muzeum Hlavniho Mesta Prahy/City of Prague Museum)

TUTOR DESCRIPTION

TUTOR

TESTIMONIAL

AUTHOR

COLLECTION

DFW

TOP