- LAB SHOP
- KNOWLEDGE EXCHANGE
- EXHIBITIONS + EVENTS
- CASE STUDIES
UoW ARCHITECTURE STUDIOS, 4th + 5th FLOORS, 35 MARYLEBONE RD, NW1 5LS
16 JUNE 2022
DATE CONSTRUCTION AND ASSEMBLY
1-15 JUNE, 2022
On this page you will find some of the resources the Lab is offering to help students and tutors build the OPEN '22 exhibition. Please read the information carefully. If you have any queries click on the 'help' button.
As always, all students that have done their essentials are welcome to come to the Lab and work here to prepare for OPEN. We do recommend that you are mindful of time and space, the Lab is open limited hours and we have limited space available so plan ahead what you're going to be doing.
We will have some tools available for loans, like staple guns and drills, but we encourage that any other tools are only used here and that the use of any electric tool in the studios is kept to a minimum.
You will also be able to book the Peco Lift for working with heights. Plan ahead and prepare everything you need as he doesn't have full availability.
In this page we will also have some help for the virtual OPEN exhibition. Keep an eye as we will be adding more info to our FAQs!
PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU SUBMIT YOUR WORK BY FRIDAY 10TH @ 18:00!
1. I HAVEN'T RECEIVED THE SUBMISSION CONFIRMATION EMAIL, WHAT SHOULD I DO?
Please check your junk/spam folder as sometimes the emails go straight there. Additionally, you can add email@example.com to your contact/address book so that the emails don't go to spam.
2. MY RESUBMISSION DIDN'T WORK
You may not see any changes to your page immediately as the older version of the page may be stored in the browser memory. Please open a new Private Browser Tab or check on another computer or your phone.
3. I GOT A TIME OUT ERROR
Big files take time to upload when internet connections are shaky. We’ve maxxed out the server wait times and can’t do any more about this. It’s not however as big a problem as it seems. Tell your students to: try again later / use a different internet connection / load the bigger files one at a time / use a private browser tab. If all these fail, we’ll find another solution if necessary, but try these first. We’ve now had thousands of files successfully submitted.
4. THERE ARE DUPLICATES OF MY SUBMISSION
If you / your students don’t use the Submission ID, they will get a duplicate. There are plenty of these, but they’re not a problem. We will simply delete all duplicates before the site goes public.
5. I AM NOT APPEARING IN MY STUDIO/ I AM IN THE WRONG STUDIO
A good number of students seem to be unsure about their studio / year group. If you have someone else’s student in your group, let us know and we’ll move them. Likewise, if they’ve submitted and their work is missing, this could well be the issue. Ask them to submit again and check the group name.
6. MY IMAGE BUTTON IS NOT SQUARE
All images intended for use as buttons need to be 400 x 400 px (i.e. small and square). Use the crop tool in Photoshop and set the size to 400 x 400. Resubmit if necessary.
7. I AM NOT HAPPY WITH WHAT I SUBMITTED, CAN I RESUBMIT?
If you want to change something on your page after you have submitted it, simply resubmit new work using the same form.
1. The form has no memory, so when you go to resubmit, the form will start off blank
2. You do not need to submit everything again. The form will only update the information/files you include.
3. You MUST include you Submission ID, as well the information/files you want to change
4. On the student submission form, the Course and Studio fields are also mandatory (so the information goes into the right Studio…)
5. If you are resubmitting the images, you have to submit them all again in one go, as it treats the images as a set. If you submit only one banner image, it will think you want to replace the existing collection with just the one replacement. Be sure to submit all the images you want to appear together at the same time.
Use the button on the right to book a time slot to get help with the Peco Lift. Make sure you have planned ahead what you're going to do and the materials you will use. The time slot will only be 30 minutes so plan well.
You can book it by clicking on the button on the right column. For the time being, there available slots Friday 10th, Monday 13th and Tuesday 14th.
TOOLS TO LOAN:
You will be able to loan some tools from the Lab Shop. At the moment we have available some drills and staple guns. Please only loan them when you need them and bring them back as soon as you're done. There are many students and a very small amount of tools.
Remember that the only tools available for loan are in the Lab Shop. Please, do not take any of the tools from the workshops outside of the Lab!