- KNOWLEDGE EXCHANGE
- EXHIBITIONS + EVENTS
- CASE STUDIES
PODIUM LEVEL FACING MARYLEBONE RD
14:00 - 17:00 CHECK SCHEDULE
TROTEC 300s + 400s
ONLY THOSE SUPPLIED IN THE LASER LAB
ALWAYS WATCH THE MACHINE WAIT BEFORE OPENING
The Laser Lab is our window on the world, the only place you will be able to see a fraction of what we have in the Lab from the street. It is also home to Ando, our tame industrial robot arm on a 5m rail, and the robotics theatre that we use for experimentation in robotics as well as for public performances and events. This area of the Lab is also where you will find our always popular collection of laser cutters.
WHEN CAN I USE THE LASER LAB?
Monday - Friday 14:00 - 17:00
The opening hours might change depending on demand.
HOW CAN I USE THE LASER LAB?
In order to use the Laser Lab you will need to complete our essentials course. Once you have completed it you will be able to book a slot during our opening hours.
BOOKING YOUR SLOT:
There are rules to booking:
• You can only book for yourself and not your friends.
• You can book up to 4 days in advance.
• If you want to cancel you must cancel 12 hours before your slot begins. If you do not, you will be charged the £5 for the slot.
• Slots are non-transferable. If you do not want your booked slot you cannot give it away to a friend.
• For every hour there are 4 slots, each one is for a different machine. Book the machine you want to use as you will not be able to switch!
• Your slot is 50 minutes cutting time.
Use the button on the right to book your slot.
WHAT ARE THE LAB CLINICS?
If you have read the guide below and you need help please join us in the Open forum to answer any questions you may have about preparing your files. Feel free to listen in so you can pick up some tips from us helping others. Usual rules apply: microphones off unless you are speaking; raise your 'hand' if you want to say something. To join the Lab Clinic click the button to the right. See you there!