WHAT IS IT?
Concrete is a composite material made up of a lime based cement (Portland cement), fine sand and agrigate. When mixed with water it forms a fluid slurry that can be poured and moulded into shape. When cured it forms a durable stone like material. This general purpose ready mixed concrete is manufactured from cement and specially selected and graded sand.
USEFUL TO KNOW
Concrete will take the texture of what is is cast against. For example if cast against acrylic it will give a mirror shine. Very strong in compression but weak in tension. Add reinforcment to strengthen.
HOW TO USE
1. Complete your casting essentials
2. Build a mould. If you need help book into a casting clinic.
3. Watch the online video ‘How to mix and pour ready mix concrete”
4. Buy your concrete and book out a mixing kit from the lab shop.
5. Wash everything immidiatly with water. and return equipment.
6. It should be ready in 2 days to de-mould
A thicker consistency than plaster, pre-mixed concrete is unsuitable for small scale or thinner castings. No Castings can be made greater than 12Kg without prior consent. De-moulding can be done after 2 days but the its final colour may take upto 1 week, and fully cured within 1 month.
H315: Causes skin irritation,
H318: Causes serious eye damage
H317: May cause an allergic skin reaction
H335: May cause respiratory irritation
Can only be used in the casting lab once you have complted your Casting Essentials.
PPE: Strong Alkhaline Resistant Gloves, A PVC Apron, Glasses with side Shields