MODEL MAKING FROM HOME
Due to the Coronavirus we had to close our Lab. However on this page we will collect information that will help you to build your models at home.
In the following Accordion you will find information about where to source material from with a list of suppliers which are allowing online ordering and home delivery as well as information about making processes and inspirational videos and tutorials to help you to adapt to the current situation.
For any questions you wish to address to our Lab Staff please use the comment box at the bottom of the page. The discussion will be visible to all logged in users so that everybody can benefit. We will try to answer any questions as soon as we can.
In the following list are shops which are still open online and offer delivery:
- Modelmaking materials such as plaster, plasticine and clay https://tiranti.co.uk/
- Modelmaking materials, online shop open until 27th March https://modelshop.co.uk/Home/ContactUs
- Balsa, acrylic rods and lots of other materials https://www.hindleys.com/
- Art supplies https://www.specialistcrafts.co.uk/
- Stationary https://www.paperchase.com/en_gb/
- Screws and fixings and other good stuff https://www.screwfix.com/
- Advanced composites, such as silicones and resins https://www.benam.co.uk/
- Art supplies https://www.cassart.co.uk/
Here you will find a list of helpful and inspiring videos and tutorials about model making:
- 30x40 Design: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLuJj3iQpiK3sEB0dAQND_ZfBKrkhMmK0P
- Online Tutorials from the AA's media studies: http://media.aaschool.ac.uk/lab/online-tutorials/
- A lot of resources for model making & materials: https://davidneat.wordpress.com
- Architectural Drawing Course: LINK
- AD Interviews - Sou Fujimoto: LINK